Protecting Your Rights As An Employee
When real problems arise in the workplace, you need to know that you are not alone. Sexual harassment, discrimination and various wage and hour issues can seem overwhelming. You might feel powerless against your employer or afraid that you could lose your job if you speak up. What you need is an experienced and dedicated employment law attorney who knows how to fight to protect your rights.
At Athena Herman Law, LLC, you will find a lawyer who is experienced, respected and fierce. The firm knows that sometimes it takes demands and an aggressive legal approach to get the job done, and they will get the job done for you. The firm serves clients in Peoria, Bloomington and throughout central Illinois.
Exceptional Employment Law Services
Attorney Athena Herman and the entire team help clients in a wide range of employment law matters, including:
- Discrimination: If an employer has neglected to hire you, pay you adequately or give you a fair shot at advancement because of your race, religion, sexual orientation, age or another similar factor, the employer has committed discrimination.
- Sexual harassment and hostile work environments: A hostile work environment occurs when you are faced with sexually offensive or intimidating speech at the workplace. Another form of sexual harassment can include offers to give you a promotion or other benefits in exchange for sexual favors.
- Wage and hour: There are strict laws regulating the type of pay you should be making at minimum, and this includes overtime pay for hours worked above 40 in a given week. You can be compensated for violations like late pay, inadequate pay, misclassification as a contractor instead of as an employee and failure to pay overtime wages.
- Medical leave and FMLA: Athena Herman Law, LLC, can make sure that your employer is following the rules established in the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and make sure your rights are protected.
- Disability: If you are disabled, your employer is legally required to provide you with reasonable accommodations and prohibited from simply firing you or simply holding you to the same expectations on the job without providing you with these accommodations.
- Employer retaliation/whistleblower: If you have taken action against an employer for any employment law violation, your employer is legally prohibited from taking any negative action against you, including wrongful termination, demoting or otherwise treating you any differently. You could have a retaliation claim against your employer.
Whatever the issue is that you are facing at work, the solution is likely to require knowledge, experience and the right amount of assertiveness. Attorney Athena Herman is not only well-experienced in employment law, with a strong reputation for success, but she is also a fierce lawyer.
Contact The Firm Today
Schedule a consultation with Athena Herman Law, LLC, by calling 309-966-0248 or filling out the online contact form.